We packed up the kids around 9 pm last night and drove about 20 minutes out to the river. Matt set up our air mattress an pillows so we could lay together under the stars and watch the Perseid Meteor Shower. I haven't been star gazing in years, but I've always wanted to go out and watch the stars with our little family.
Alex has a big interest in space. We love watching The Universe and Nova Science Now together and often have long discussions about stars, planets and black holes. Which explains this conversation we had as I was making dinner.
Me: We might get to see falling stars tonight!
Alex: They're actually Meteors. I know the truth. It's a Meteor Shower.
As we laid under the stars I just reveled in the joy I felt. I am so very lucky to have a loving and supportive husband who is also the best dad our kids could ever have. I have two beautiful and healthy children who I get the privilege of watching them learn and grow everyday.
I really love our crazy, fun little family!

No comments:
Post a Comment