We live fairly close to a public high school. Close enough that we can here the marching band practice early in the mornings and we can even hear the announcer for the Thursday and Friday night football games. Alex has been wanting to go see what all the commotion is about since last fall. this past Friday was the first varsity home game at the school, so Matt decided it was a great time to take Alex to the game. We went with some friends of ours. The boys walked to the school and the girls drove (I was not about to attempt the walk myself!).
We grabbed some drinks and snacks and headed up the bleachers. Alex wanted to sit at the "tippity top" but we decided on row 4 or 5. It was kind of scary walking up and down the steep bleachers, I felt like I was going to tip over and tumble right down. It was pretty hot but not completely unbearable. The home team however was not so hot. They really took a pummeling. By half way through the first quarter Alex decided he "didn't want to cheer for the red team because the other team was better". We decided to stick it through the half time show so that Alex could see the marching band play. Unfortunately the sound system was pretty awful and we couldn't even hear a majority of the show. I think Alex still had a good time, and really that's all that mattered.
No comments:
Post a Comment