Thursday, July 14, 2011

Making a Robot

Alex is starting to really get into robots so I thought it might be fun to let him build one. We gathered our supplies: a can, cracker box and 4 toilet paper rolls. He grabbed some paper and pencil and set out to draw the plans (or "intrunctions" as he called them). He even named his masterpiece J J.

I glued the pieces together according to his plan. Then we took J J outside to spray him with a coat of silver spray paint. This way JJ would look like a real metal robot.


After he dried, we brought him in to add details. Alex decided to paint him with red, blue and green first.



I realized 3/4 of the way through that it would be easier if the paint were on his left side...oops!


Then we worked together to glue on some eyes, buttons and wire to add the fun details. We followed his drawing very carefully and J J turned out just perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment