We went to the Tempe Public Library the other day while waiting for Matt to get off work. They are in the middle of their summer reading program, so we decided to join in. For every 5 books read he received a small prize. We planned on being at the library for about an hour so Alex wanted to see how many prizes he could earn before we left. I showed him which books he would be able to read and he set off to pick out the first five. He ended up with 5 books labeled 1st Grade level and was able to read them all with very little assistance from me. He is always surprising me with how much he really can read (he often complains and says that he can't when he doesn't feel like it). He ended up reading 12 books and collected 2 prizes (rubber ducky key chains).
Tempe's program was baseball themed and they gave Alex a Diamondbacks ticket (of course we would have to buy the adult tickets) and a giant All About me poster. We just got around to filling out the poster this morning and I thought I would share his answers.
Favorite Book: Go, Dog, Go
Favorite Activities: Video Games, movies, drawing and Science
Books I've Read: Go, Dog, Go; Green Eggs and Ham, Cat on the Mat, Dino Hunt, Cat in the Hat, The Great Bug Hunt and Big Game
Things I Like: Dot to dots, drawing, robots, card games, markers, bad guy toys and our dogs
I like books because: of the funny stuff.
The picture in the middle is a self portrait done by Alex.
No comments:
Post a Comment