And just like that the days of baby Jossy are gone and in comes toddlerhood. I don't even know what to say. My baby is one. Last year we were waiting around for the doctor to tell us whether or not we'd be seeing our baby girl for the first time.
The last year has gone so fast. Its hard to put the words together for this post. Every day she is growing and changing and becoming her own person. The amount of personality this tiny little girl has is crazy! She is very opinionated and stubborn, yet so full of happy and silly.
Every day is an adventure. She is fearless and loves to climb on anything and everything. She climbed half way up the slide all by herself. She is constantly climbing in and on her toy boxes. I have posted so many pictures of her crazy antics on facebook and every time she scares the crap out of me and everyone who sees her.
Josslyn is walking really well now and can even stand on her own in the middle of the room. She has gotten pretty darn fast too. Keeping right along with me while I move around the house and creating chaos everywhere she goes. She is my little tornado, making messes as fast as I can clean them up.
He favorite toys are still blocks, followed closely by the tea set I scored at a garage sale. She will sit and play on her own for up to an hour at a time putting her blocks in and out of buckets, boxes and the occasional shoe.
Still nothing is as fun as whatever Alex is playing with or eating. She is constantly following him around and stealing his food and toys. One of the first things she asks for in the morning is Alex. She loves her brother so much! And he is so good with her. She has also formed quite the fondness for Matt. She will wander the house while he is at working yelling "DADA, DADA!" and points him out in pictures.
She is still a tiny thing, but getting a little chub on her. I'm not sure of her actual stats until her appointment next week, but she is wearing 3-6 months size clothing and size 2 shoes. Its funny the reactions we get when she walks around in public. A lot of people are shocked to see such a "tiny baby" walking so well. When I tell them her age they always ask if she is a preemie. Nope! She's just a peanut like her mommy.
I complained for the longest time that Joss wouldn't say mama. Well now MOM is her favorite word. She calls for me when she wakes from a nap or while she follows me around the house or standing at the carport door while I'm doing laundry, "mom, mom, MAAAAMA!". Its the sweetest sound knowing that she wants me.
I can't believe that a whole year has gone by already. And as much as I am sad to see the baby time behind us, I feel so privileged to see her grow and develop. I look forward to seeing what kind of person she becomes. As she grows, I hope that above all other things she always feels the love her dad, brother and I have for her. We do love her so much!
Happy Birthday darling girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment