Thursday, December 15, 2011

Big Brother

The pajamas we bought Alex last year for Christmas are too small. He has out grown his shoes too.  My little boy isn't quite as little anymore. And while his feet and body have grown a few inches in the last year, the size of his heart has doubled!
I really worried about how having a sibling would effect Alex. Would he be jealous or angry? Would he hate his sister and resent Matt and me for changing his life? After all the anxiety and stress something happened that I wasn't really expecting. He fell in love!
The other day Josslyn started to fuss and I picked her up and said, "what's up girlfriend?" Alex heard me and yelled from across the room " she's not your girlfriend mommy! She's MY girlfriend! "
Then, last night we were driving to pick up Matt and Josslyn was really upset. She was crying so Alex tried to give her her binkie and told her " its OK sweet baby, don't cry my sweet my sweet baby!" That didn't work so he decided to sing her twinkle, twinkle little star. But she just kept crying. Finally he threw his hands in the air and said, "fine, I tried everything. I'm sorry sweet baby. You're just going to have to cry until we get home. I love you, but you're just going to have to deal with it."
He has been so amazing. Everyday he helps take care of Josslyn and is so patient with while I am tending to her, even when he needs/wants something.
Matt, Jossyn and I are extremely lucky. We have an awesome son and Josslyn has the BEST big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment