Today is Thanksgiving, and the first year that we wont be doing any kind of traditional feasting. We had first thanksgiving last weekend with Matt's family. Alex had a great time playing with his cousins, but he was traumatized after I made him try the green bean casserole and he immediately threw up his whole meal. He started crying last night at the prospect of another Thanksgiving meal and woke up this morning declaring his disdain for the holiday. We had semi-planned on joining some other family members today, but after Alex's fit and just dreading in general such a long drive we decided that it would be better to just stay home.
We had entertained the idea of making a small feast for ourselves, but even the smallest turkey would mostly end up in the dogs' bowl and the freezer, so we will probably have something more practical like chicken stirfry. Im kind of bummed because I love the holidays and the traditions that come with, but I am slightly relieved to have a stress free weekend to spend with just Matt, Alex and Josslyn. There is one tradition I can still partake in even sitting in my bed, in my jammies with a sleeping baby on my chest... I can list the things I am thankful for:
I am thankful for:
* my super awesome husband. Thank you Matt for putting up with me through my month of bed rest and now these difficult and emotion ridden post pardum weeks. Although I like to complain that you don't do things "my way", I really have appreciated everything you have been doing for me and our family. You have kept us together in every way. I love you more than you know!
*my amazing son. Thank you Alex for being such a great helper and for becoming the best big brother. I am in awe at what a big boy you are becoming. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all are adjusting to having a new baby in the house.
*my sweet baby girl. I am so thankful to have a healthy baby girl in our family. You have made our family complete, we love you so much!
*my extended family and friends. Thank you all for caring about us and supporting us in our times of struggle. I love you and appreciate you more than I can (and do) say!
* I am also thankful for all the good things that are happening in our lives. We have had some rough times and we can finally see the light ahead. I know there will continue to be ups and downs (thats life) but right now things are pretty good and I am so thankful to the people and opportunities that have made this possible. I am truly looking forward to what the rest of 2011 and 2012 have in store for us.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving day!

No comments:
Post a Comment