Josslyn was scheduled to be born today at 7:30 am. Instead she is 11 days old and lying on my chest in a milk comma, snoring not so quietly. I still feel strange when I think about having two kids. Its something we wanted for so long and now she is here. She has been such an easy baby, its almost surreal.
Alex has really taken to being big brother. He loves to help us however he can. He gets the clean diapers/wipes and throws out the dirty ones. He gets me water while I'm nursing and always asks what he can do to help. He has also become even more independent (if that's possible). He has started getting himself dressed and putting on his own socks/shoes, something we struggled with before the baby. He will walk down the hall at night without turning on all the lights, and he gets his own cup for water. He is also so in love with his sister. He loves to touch her and talk to her. Its still early, but he hasn't really had any jealousy or trouble adjusting at all.
Josslyn and I have our two week check ups on Wednesday. I'm hoping that she has gained a good amount of weight by then, because she lost nearly a pound between birth and her 4 day follow up. I'm sure she has though because she eats so well and has had plenty of dirty diapers to show for it, plus she already seems bigger.
Matt has been home with us since Josslyn's birth, but this is his last week. Its been nice having the help and he has been able to spend extra time with Alex. Honestly I am a little nervous for him to go back to work, but I'm trying not to worry about that now.





No comments:
Post a Comment