Last week Alex woke up and said his tooth hurt. At first I was worried about a cavity but as soon as he opened his mouth I could tell he just had a loose tooth. His very first loose tooth! For the last week we have been on Tooth Watch. every morning he woke up and asked if his tooth was still there. He wiggled it and played with it all week long. Last night Matt decided to bring him home a Big Hunk candy bar. He swears that he lost most of his loose teeth by biting into one. We tried it, but it didn't quite work. I decided to give him an apple to bite into a couple times. After 3 bites Alex got a little freaked out because his tooth started to bleed and got some blood on the apple. The tooth was almost out, but there was no way he was going to bite that apple again! So he asked me to pull it out. I grabbed some floss and tied it around the tooth and pulled gently. Alex got so excited that he kept closing his mouth right before it came out. So, finally I decided to just reach in and pull it out with my fingers. It was hanging by a thread so it came right out!
Alex was so excited that he lost his first tooth! He rinsed out his mouth and posed for some pictures.
The tooth fairy visited him and this morning he woke up to find a dollar in place of his tooth. He told me, "mommy, see this dollar? It used to be my tooth! My tooth turned into a dollar!" What a silly boy I have. He looks so cute with the little gap in his mouth. The tiny hole has also caused him to lisp a bit, its so fun to hear him say anything with the "s" or "sh" sounds.
Its just a matter of time before the next tooth comes loose and soon his baby teeth will all be replaced with grown up ones. my how time flies!


No comments:
Post a Comment