Alex, for some reason unknown to me, has been really excited for June to come. After his birthday he started counting down the days. This morning he woke up and looked at the calendar and exclaimed, "June is here!" and at random times all day he has turned to me, smiled and said, "Happy June Day". Its really cute, so I decided to come up with a special art project to celebrate. We got out the construction paper, glue and a container full of stale noodles and beans I've been saving for just this sort of thing. I drew a sun on the paper and had Alex glue the noodles and beans to decorate. Alex decided to trace my drawing with the glue and outline the sun with the objects. Toward the end we decided it was a happy sun so we added a smiley face... He really had fun with it and it turned out very cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment