Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

Matt is such a great dad. Alex is very lucky to have him. I watch them play together all the time and just think about how awesome it is that Alex has a dad that is such a big part of his life. When Alex talks about what he wants to be when he grows up he changes his mind a lot. One day he wants to be the mailman and the next an astronaut. the one thing that he knows for sure is that he wants to be a dad. I know that is because he has such a great one himself and wants to be just like Matt. Both of our kids will grow up knowing, without a doubt, that their daddy loves them more than anything else in the world. Thank you Matt for being awesome at being dad.

I think we had a pretty good Father's Day at our house. For once Matt didn't do anything, and got to relax and play video games with Alex all day. It is so rare for him to not be doing at least 2 or 3 projects around the house (or neighborhood) on his days off work. So I think it was good for him to take a real day off. Alex made him a picture and we gave it to him first thing in the morning.



Alex painted the frame and glued screws, nails, nuts and bolts to it because "daddy like to build stuff". The poem says: Here is my little foot print, one day it will fit your shoe. I watch what you are doing, because daddy, I want to be like you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment