Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things I should be doing right now...

  1. Laundry. Our washer has been leaking because our pipes are to small for our high capacity washer. The only way we can do laundry with out a flood is to wash on the small setting. This means only about 5-8 item at a time. Basically to avoid a gigantic pile-up I have to constantly have laundry going.
  2. Re-organizing/cleaning our office. Again. Ever since our desktop computer crashed I have been using the laptop in the living room. Doing so has relegated the office into a dump zone that I can avoid looking at by simply shutting the door. I have been trying to get Alex to straighten up his room, but I'm not exactly setting the best example...
  3. Help Alex get his room picked up so I can hang up the tent-thing I got at goodwill last week end. If it sits on the ground much longer it is going to get ruined, guaranteed.
  4. Make some unique letter for Alex's future Alphabet Wall. We have found the letters A, B, C, P, S and T. I have all kinds of scraps and recycled materials that I could probably make most of the other letters. That is if I could get my office cleaned up, so I could actually find the materials...
  5. Start the dishwasher. Its loaded, just need to turn the dial.... maybe I'll go re-fill my coffee and do this now. 
  6. Take a shower. It amazing how low my hygiene standards have gotten now that I don't leave the house for days at a time. I mean really, I spend my days with a little boy and 4 dogs and their not complaining. Yet.
  7. Exercise. HA HA HA HA HA. That is all.
Motivation is hard to find when I know that just one or two of these activities are going to knock me on my behind. Whatever is causing my chest pain is really aggravated by physical activity. And by physical activity I mean getting showered/dressed, loading the dishwasher, vacuuming and anything else that involves moving my right arm, bending and/or lifting more than my 16 oz coffee. I try to power through my daily chores in the morning, but then I am in such agony that I get super CRABBY. Just ask Matt. It feels like I have to choose between a clean house and a winning personality. Not a fun choice to make.  But even if I do nothing, the guilt of a messy house and having to rely on Matt to do "my jobs" makes me just as irritable as the pain. Pretty much a lose/lose. Its depressing, but not much I can do about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment