Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Last Week in Bullet Points

  • Matt's ambition really shined this week as he cleared out rocks, leveled the ground, put down brick pavers and built a deck floor all for our new (to us) storage shed in the back yard. He really out did himself this time and it is looking great and coming together steadily. We are also just about ready to plant our new garden. Our backyard will definitely be done for Alex's birthday in May. 

  • Alex spent sometime with the neighbor kids. They all painted, made monster masks, ran obstacle courses, buried/dug for treasure and generally ran around like wild animals. It really worked wonders for nap time in my house. Alex came home both afternoons and PASSED out for a couple hours.  

  • I had a second CT scan of my chest on Friday to see if the nodule found on the first one has changed at all. I am not so patiently waiting on the results. No news is good news. Right?

  • Alex and I went thrift shop/garage sale shopping with my mother in law on Saturday and scored big time. I got all kinds of goodies for some projects I have been planning and I am so excited to get started. Alex got some pretty cool new books and activities. Even a world map that gives all kinds of facts and figures on different countries. Next thing we know Alex is spouting off things like "the population of Kenya is 30 million*". Too funny! Thanks Dawn for taking us along, we had so much fun and really enjoyed your company! 
  • After watching the neighbor boy work on his Math school work, Alex insisted on doing some as well. 

  •  Alex has been complaining of headaches a lot lately. I really need to make an eye appointment for him. He will look so cute in glasses! Anyone know of a good place to take a 4 year old to get their eyes tested?

  • Matt has also kicked butt in the helpful husband department. He helped me tackle our Mt. Washmore (laundry), washed dishes and swept/mopped the tile yesterday in between building a whole deck/frame for the shed. Oh, AND I didn't even ASK him to do any of it...Thank you Matt! I love you dearly!
*We got the game at good will so it is a little out of date. The population of Kenya is currently closer to 40 million. I don't think I am going to burst his bubble though...what's another 10 million people anyway? lol 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment