Thursday, March 3, 2011

10 Random Things

  • I'm making Alex a cape out of some Blue fabric I got at good will. When I asked him what he wanted on it, he said his whole name (Alexander Jaydon Cook), because he is a superhero.
  • I got allergy tested yesterday. For anyone unfamiliar, its where a nurse injects a small amount of serum that contains a potential allergen and they wait to see how your skin reacts. Out of 78 allergens, I was allergic to 59. I couldn't believe it (well I could, my back itched like CRAZY!), I'm pretty much allergic to everything. Even my dogs :(. Boo!
  • Alex loves to draw balloons. My fridge is covered with his balloons, and every time I walk by I start singing "99 red balloons, floating in the summer sky..."
  • Matt is working again this Saturday. :(
  • I realized I already have the perfect dress for 40s night! However, it may need to be taken in a little since I've lost some weight since last year. Now I need to find red pumps (size 7), red lipstick and a flower for my hair and my outfit is DONE!
  • A friend of my neighbor saw the headband I made my neighbor's daughter and now wants me to make some for her granddaughters. If anyone else wants one let me know. They are so fun to make and I have a bunch of cute material.
  • Did you know that you in Picasa you can tag all the people in your photos? I have been working on 15,000+ pictures. I think it will help make finding specific pictures easier, and it will help me remember names of people years down the road. It has been fun to see how many pictures I have of each person too. Matt and Alex are both in 2,000-3,000 pictures, but I'm only in the hundreds. I'm really good at staying behind the camera! :)
  • I've been trying to write some stories and such. I'm not a super great writer, but I'd like to get better and the only way to do that is practice. However, I don't think I will be brave enough to let anyone read any of it. Of course that is assuming anyone would want to read my writing in the first place.
  • Alex is reading pretty well these days, but I think he knows more than he leads on. I have caught him reading things under his breath and then asking me what it says. I think he is just checking his 'work'. 
  • Alex just woke up and came out to snuggle with me on the couch, like he does every morning, when he lifted his head and told me, "Mommy, you are so soft. Just like a baby's bottom!" 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment