Sunday, February 13, 2011

Zoo-tastic!

Every once in a while Matt works on Saturdays. this last week he traded Wednesday for Saturday so he could finish up the drywall in my Mom's apartment and they can get someone in there renting. We are also borrowing our neighbor's car for the weekend, so you know what that means....just kidding, no you don't, BUT Alex and I went to the zoo! Matt works right up the street from Phoenix Zoo, so after lunch Alex and I headed out to the zoo to hang out until Daddy got off work. Oh my is Alex fun! He was so excited to see the animals that he was jumping out of his skin (we have only gone a couple of times) and screaming about the pigeons, crows, etc. that he saw flying around the zoo. Every time I pointed out an animal Alex would ask "Is it alive?", yup!


 We learned that Flamingos stand on one foot to keep their legs warm. After listening to the recording, Alex promptly announced he would write that information in his journal when we got home. This was common as he insisted I read every informational sign. He wanted to become an "animal expert".

 The monkey enclosure was super fun. We saw a lot of these little spider monkeys, and even watched them play leap frog on the ropes.
 Of course we stopped at every animal statue for a photo shoot as well...




 I even snatched a few cute pictures of us together under the pear blossoms.

The Fisher Price playground was fun for a while. Alex really liked the red microphone thingys and spent sometime talking to a little girl.
 But of course the sand quickly filled up the sneaker and the complaining/dumping ritual began and ended the fun.
 Alex liked the goats and compared them to our dogs. He decided goats would make great pets, I still think their icky...

 We caught site of one of the roaming peacocks and tried to sneak up close. This was about as close as Alex would get. He said he thought it was going to turn around and chase him. Wouldn't that have been a sight?! Lol
 This black and white cow cracked me up. Every time someone got close it would MOOOOO really loud and annoyed. It kept freaking people out. I could have sat there and watched all day lol. We actually spent a lot of time in the farm area and learned a lot about horses.

 yee haw!

 Counting the hands
 At the end of the day he was so good I let him pick a toy from the gift shop, and after about 20 minutes of waffling he decided on this big giraffe which he names Stretch. I love spending time with Alex, he is so much fun to be around.
 He slept the whole way home. We even stopped at the gas station to purchase a bike from someone off Craigslist and he still didn't wake up.
 The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment