Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our bicycle built for two

We have been looking into purchasing bicycles to extend our reach around town while we are with out a vehicle. Ale is not the strongest bike rider, and I would feel very uncomfortable riding along busy streets with him at this point. So we decided to get a bike trailer. He is a little bit on the older side for the little two-seater, so we got a roundabout (its like a half-bike that attaches to the adult's bike). At first Alex was very scared. So much so that we thought we may have wasted our money. But after we made some adjustments (seat and handle bars down and tightened up some connections) and added a bungee cord seat belt, he loved it and was begging to go for a ride. And so we did...



 We rode up to the local city park, and the whole way I heard "mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!! I'm gonna fall! Its tipping! Gaaaaahhhhhh!" He was still pretty scared, but when we asked he assured us he was having fun. I think we are going to do quite a few laps around the neighborhood before we attempt to go any distance. I'm so excited though. We also got a nice cushy seat and some cruiser style handle bars for my bike (not pictured). I originally wanted a cruiser, but they are so BIG and I am not so much.

I plan on signing Alex up for a Dance/Art class at the Mesa Art Center in March. I am hoping to be able to ride the bike(s) up to them. We'll see...Of course no trip to the park is complete with out a bajillion photos. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment