Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The VERY Long Weekend update

One of the fun things about January is that we get a long weekend right after returning from a long vacation! Oh how I love me some long weekends! This is especially true now that I stay home. Long weekends mean an extra day with Matt. Oh how I love my hubby! He is superman around the house and on the weekends we ALWAYS has some sort of project going on. This weekend was no exception. However on Friday a HUGE crimp was put in our plans when i discovered 4 mice trapped in a vase under my kitchen sink.

Instead of building my garden boxes, we had an unexpected pest problem to deal with. First thing Saturday we ran out and made the necessary purchases, and got to work cleaning out the laundry room and kitchen to prepare for traps. Little did we know this would become an ALL day project. (That may have had something to do with my lack of motivation to deal with the mice problem...) But eventually we returned the laundry and kitchen back to a usable state. 


On Sunday our VERY generous neighbors allowed us to borrow their vehicle again for the day to get some errands run. It was nice to get out of the house, even if it was only to see the inside of various discount stores. One fun thing we discovered while out and about is that Alex is officially booster seat size. I have to admit at first I was a little nervous to leave five point harasses behind, but after borrowing the neighbor's seat I feel much more comfortable my baby is safe. Yes, these are the things I agonize over lol.

Before we left Alex was writing letters with a corresponding picture on his miniature magna doodle. He was doing very well, only asking for help with a few letters. I hadn't realized he knew how to write some many letters legibly. I decided we needed to take advantage of his desire to write and we purchased him some handwriting practice workbooks and some of that pre-school sized line paper. He was very excited and decided he was going to write to his family members that live far away.
I just love the faces he makes when he is concentrating! 

On Monday we did the majority of the major mouse mess recovery around the house. Matt and Alex were both excellent helpers and we finished in time for dinner. I even got two additional pantry shelves out of Matt. Hurray! After my amazing Bacon Wrapped Inside Out Burgers we watched Brothers on Netflix and relaxed for the remainder of the evening. Phew! What a weekend!

1 comment:

  1. OOO, OOO how nice to send the letters to all grandparents near and far. It is such a nice thing to hang up and look at everyday. I know there is a great grandma in Kansas that would love it.

    Aunt Connie Havens

    ReplyDelete